- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- FDA approves combination of two GSK drugs for skin cancer
- FDA advisory committee to consider OTC NDA for asthma-relieving Primatene HFA
- Perrigo launches generic equivalent to prescription-only Vanos Cream 0.1%
ALLEGAN, Mich. — The Food and Drug Administration has approved a Perrigo generic drug for treating dermatitis, the company said Wednesday.
Perrigo announced the FDA approval of fluticasone propionate lotion in the 0.05% strength. The drug is a generic version of Fougera Pharmaceuticals division PharmaDerm's Cutivate and is used to treat inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of atopic dermatitis in patients ages 1 year and older.
The drug has annual sales of about $19 million, according to Symphony Health Solutions.