- GPhA: FDA’s proposed rule on prescription drug labeling adds $4 billion to healthcare costs
- 21 health industry groups address FDA on proposed changes to generic drug label rules
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Roxane Labs' generic prostate drug gets tentative approval from FDA
MORRISTOWN, N.J. — The Food and Drug Administration has approved a generic drug for treating blood pressure and chest pain.
Actavis announced Wednesday the approval of diltiazem hydrochloride extended-release capsules.
The drug is a generic version of Valeant's Tiazac. The branded drug and its generic equivalents had sales of about $76.3 million in 2011, according to IMS Health.