- Federal government must find alternatives to rescheduling hydrocodone combination drugs
- Actavis seeks approval for generic opioid-dependence drug
- FDA approves Actavis drug for opioid dependence
- FDA to recommend rescheduling of opioid painkiller hydrocodone from CIII to CII
- Actavis launches generic version of Opana ER
BRIDGEWATER, N.J. — Amneal Pharmaceuticals has received approval from the Food and Drug Administration for a drug to treat opioid dependence.
Amneal announced Monday the approval of buprenorphine hydrochloride and naloxone hydrochloride sublingual tablets, a generic version of Reckitt Benckiser Healthcare's Suboxone.
Suboxone had sales of $1.5 billion in 2012, according to IMS Health.