- CARE Pharmacies expands reach beyond its legislative backyard
- Walgreens is well-equipped for the future
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- MSI delivers specialized services, purchasing power
- Pharmacists engage with patients in campaign for improved nutrition
NEW YORK — Progressive business media brand Fast Company on Monday named Walgreens as one of its top 10 healthcare companies for 2013 "for redefining the role of the pharmacy."
Fast Co. pointed to Walgreens' omnichannel presence as one key differentiator. "The company bet on a more refined approach to patient care, which yielded new mobile app features that help patients manage their medications, such as Pill Reminder, and a web tool called Find Your Pharmacist, which lists local pharmacists by their expertise," noted the Fast Company editorial team. "Those efforts, combined with partnerships with the CDC and the Department of Health and Human Services to expand in-store HIV testing, created a new standard for the patient-pharmacy relationship."
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.