- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
NEW YORK — Progressive business media brand Fast Company on Monday named Walgreens as one of its top 10 healthcare companies for 2013 "for redefining the role of the pharmacy."
Fast Co. pointed to Walgreens' omnichannel presence as one key differentiator. "The company bet on a more refined approach to patient care, which yielded new mobile app features that help patients manage their medications, such as Pill Reminder, and a web tool called Find Your Pharmacist, which lists local pharmacists by their expertise," noted the Fast Company editorial team. "Those efforts, combined with partnerships with the CDC and the Department of Health and Human Services to expand in-store HIV testing, created a new standard for the patient-pharmacy relationship."
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.