- Duane Reade launches 'Show Us Your Party Legs' photo contest on Facebook
- SuperNutrition launches Facebook contest
- Search engines, social media key to unlocking opportunity for beauty brands
- Pfizer teams up with actor Josh Duhamel for the Advil Relief in Action campaign
- Sudafed announces app to help sinus sufferers
Fancy Feast is giving some lucky cats the first taste of its new Yellowfin Tuna & Shrimp Recipe with Wild Rice in Gravy months before it hits the shelf.
The cat food brand is giving away 17,500 free samples, while supplies last, of the new entrée — inspired by Joan Spector’s winning entry in the 2011 Fancy Feast TasteMakers contest — starting March 13 at noon on Fancy Feast’s Facebook page, Facebook.com/FancyFeast.
Consumers and guest judge Carla Hall — co-host of ABC’s “The Chew” and a finalist on Bravo’s “Top Chef” — selected Spector’s entry, titled “Purrrfect Sushi” as the winner of the contest and awarded her with $10,000 and a one-year supply of Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys cat food.
“My cats — Ginger and Wasabi — go crazy for tuna and shrimp, so I used that as inspiration to create the perfect recipe,” Spector said.
The new entrée will be available in stores nationwide beginning in June.