- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- FDA approves Merck's Gardasil for prevention of anal cancer
- Walgreens launches environmentally friendly store brand Ology, formulated free of 'harmful chemicals'
- With health reform outlook dimmed, pharmacy can’t abandon its agenda
- Pharmacists engage with patients in campaign for improved nutrition
ATLANTA — Select Family Dollar Stores will carry an environmentally friendly, individually-sold 3-lb firelog by Enviro-Log, the company stated.
"Family Dollar customers will appreciate the convenience and performance of our 3-lb firelogs, which burn cleaner and hotter than firewood," said Ross McRoy, president of Enviro-Log. "We are thrilled that Family Dollar customers can now take advantage of these environmentally friendly firelogs, as each Enviro-Log provides warmth and comfort for hours at a time."
Enviro-Log uses 100% recycled waxed cardboard — typically used to transport fruits and vegetables to produce processors, grocery stores and restaurants — to manufacture its earth-friendly firelogs. When compared to firewood, Enviro-Log Firelogs burn cleaner, emitting 30% less greenhouse gases, 80% less carbon dioxide and 86% less creosote, while also providing 50% more heat per pound.
Enviro-Log Firelogs can be stored and burned in all weather conditions and are safe to cook over. Enviro-Log Firelogs also are tested safe for use in chimineas, campfires, outdoor tailgating and cookout events. The ash from Enviro-Log Firelogs can even be used as fertilizer or potting soil.
Enviro-Log is an eco-friendly, consumer products and recycling company known for the greenest, most versatile firelogs on the market.
Find us on Facebook for even more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news.