- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- With consumer confidence among poor waning, Family Dollar ups assortment, enhances checkout to add trips
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Family Dollar is getting the Redbox treatment.
The discount store chain announced it inked a multiyear deal with the Coinstar subsidiary, through which Redbox kiosks will be installed at Family Dollar locations across the United States. Family Dollar customers will be able to rent new release DVDs at Redbox for $1.20 a night, Blu-ray discs for $2 a night and games for $2 a night.
"As Family Dollar continues to broaden its assortment and increase relevancy to our customer, Redbox is a natural addition to our growth initiatives," Family Dollar president and COO Mike Bloom said. "The Redbox kiosk is the definition of convenience for movie and game rentals and will provide value, convenience and additional reasons for customers to visit Family Dollar stores more often."