- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- With consumer confidence among poor waning, Family Dollar ups assortment, enhances checkout to add trips
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
- Walgreens, Regence enter into agreement to better serve specialty infusion patients across four states
ST. GEORGE, Utah — Family Dollar earlier this week celebrated the grand opening of its 11th distribution center in St. George, Utah.
“Opening our 11th distribution center is an important milestone for us,” stated Howard Levine, Family Dollar’s chairman and CEO. “This facility is ideally located to support our growth in the West, helping us keep our stores well-stocked as we continue to provide customers in this region with great value and convenience.”
Utah Governor Gary Herbert was similarly pleased about the new distribution center. “The State of Utah is proud to welcome Family Dollar’s world-class facility in St. George. Their distribution center will be staffed by Utah’s highly productive workforce and provide hundreds of jobs for southern Utah residents.”
Family Dollar’s distribution center measures 817,000 sq.-ft. and will service up to 800 stores. At full capacity, the facility will ship 40 million cases annually.