- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- With consumer confidence among poor waning, Family Dollar ups assortment, enhances checkout to add trips
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
- Consumables, tobacco, BPC see big sales boosts at Family Dollar in FY2013
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Family Dollar Stores on Monday named Brad Rogers SVP real estate, replacing Keith Gehl, who will retire from the company at the end of June.
"For more than 53 years, our real estate strategy has been to open Family Dollar stores where our customers live and work," stated Howard Levine, Family Dollar chairman and CEO. "Brad's real estate experience and leadership will ensure that we continue to bring value and convenience to hundreds of new neighborhoods and thousands of new customers each year," he said. "Throughout his 10-year career with Family Dollar, Keith Gehl has led our real estate efforts and had a significant impact on the strengthening and expansion of our real estate capabilities. … I sincerely appreciate the significant contributions he made during his career with Family Dollar, and wish him all the best in his retirement."
Rogers joined Family Dollar in 1998 as a real estate manager with responsibility for new store development in North and South Carolina. Between 2006 and 2011, Rogers assumed greater roles with increased responsibilities, and in 2011, he was named VP of real estate.
Rogers holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Millsaps College and earned a Juris Doctor from Emory University.