- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Family Dollar Stores on Wednesday named Jason Reiser to the position of SVP merchandising. Reiser will replace John Scanlon, who retired from the company at the end of March.
“In our ongoing efforts to better meet the needs of our core customer and growing trade-in customer, we are excited to welcome Jason to the team,” stated Mike Bloom, Family Dollar president and COO. “Jason brings more than 17 years of experience in discount retail, and I am confident that his experience and familiarity with our customers will be an enormous asset to our leadership team.”
Reiser will have executive responsibility for the company’s health, beauty, personal care and household teams. Reiser comes to Family Dollar from Sam’s Club, where he spent more than 17 years in a variety of roles, most recently serving as VP merchandising, health and family care.
Reiser holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Northeastern University.
Family Dollar also announced today that Paul White, EVP and chief merchandising officer, has left the company to pursue other interests. While the company completes a search for a replacement for White, Bloom will assume executive responsibility for merchandising.