- Diab to head up health and wellness at Walmart
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
- Walmart expanding small store fleet based on fresh- and pharmacy-driven growth
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Family Dollar Stores on Thursday announced that it has promoted Jason Reiser to the position of EVP - chief merchandising officer. Reiser will report to Howard Levine, chairman and CEO.
The company also noted that president and COO Michael Bloom has left the company to pursue other interests. The company will conduct a search for a new president and COO.
Reiser will have executive responsibility for the company’s merchandising, global sourcing, marketing, replenishment and financial planning teams. Reiser joined Family Dollar in July 2013 as SVP merchandising with responsibility for the company’s health, beauty, personal care and household product teams.
In October 2013, Reiser was promoted to lead merchandising officer with responsibility for all merchandising functions.
Reiser joined Family Dollar after a 17-year career with Walmart Stores in a variety of roles, most recently serving as VP merchandising, health and family care for Sam’s Club.
Reiser holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy from Northeastern University.