- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
- Consumables, tobacco, BPC see big sales boosts at Family Dollar in FY2013
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Holly Shaskey-Platek has been appointed to serve as SVP merchandising for Family Dollar, the retailer announced.
Shaskey-Platek, who has worked at the company since 2008, will lead the home, apparel and seasonal divisions and report to Paul White, EVP and chief merchandising officer. Prior to her new role, she worked as a consultant to provide company-wide change management leadership. Before that, Shaskey-Platek spent a total of 25 years with Target and ShopNBC.
"Capitalizing on a greater share of customers' discretional needs is critical to our ability to increase the sales productivity of our stores and to grow our market share," White said. "Under Holly’s leadership, we will continue to focus on assortment, merchandise presentation and promotion, supplier relationships, and business capabilities."