- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
- Study: National dollar store chain locations outnumber those of national retail pharmacy chains
- Family Dollar a hot commodity
- Inventories swell as Family Dollar boosts beauty
- Family Dollar getting executive suite in place before new store, expanded assortment push
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Holly Shaskey-Platek has been appointed to serve as SVP merchandising for Family Dollar, the retailer announced.
Shaskey-Platek, who has worked at the company since 2008, will lead the home, apparel and seasonal divisions and report to Paul White, EVP and chief merchandising officer. Prior to her new role, she worked as a consultant to provide company-wide change management leadership. Before that, Shaskey-Platek spent a total of 25 years with Target and ShopNBC.
"Capitalizing on a greater share of customers' discretional needs is critical to our ability to increase the sales productivity of our stores and to grow our market share," White said. "Under Holly’s leadership, we will continue to focus on assortment, merchandise presentation and promotion, supplier relationships, and business capabilities."