- Study: Most head lice resistant to OTC allopathic remedies
- New children's daily use hair care line focuses on lice prevention
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Survey: 4-in-5 moms turn to OTC option to treat head lice
PASSAIC, N.J. — Fairy Tales Hair Care on Wednesday announced the launch of its first iPhone application, The Facts of Lice, to provide real-time alerts of lice outbreaks at the local level.
"With 85% of school districts reporting head lice, busy parents need to be informed about outbreaks in their own communities as quickly as possible," stated Risa Barash, founder of Fairy Tales Hair Care. "The Facts of Lice app allows parents to track lice outbreaks in their own neighborhood so they'll know when it's time to increase prevention efforts at home."
The app provides parents with a centralized database for outbreak notifications, as well as the tools needed to prevent, combat and report outbreaks. Locations are organized by state and zip code.