- Search engines, social media key to unlocking opportunity for beauty brands
- Lip care creates purchase occasions
- Duane Reade launches 'Show Us Your Party Legs' photo contest on Facebook
- SuperNutrition launches Facebook contest
- Pfizer teams up with actor Josh Duhamel for the Advil Relief in Action campaign
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — The Mentholatum Co., which makes Softlips lip care products, is inviting its more than three-quarters of a million Facebook fans to vote on the new flavor that will launch exclusively at Target stores in the spring.
In the brand’s Softlips “Flavor Faceoff,” voters can choose from three potential new flavor SKUs: Chocolate Truffle, Cinnamon Hearts and Watermelon. The flavor voted No. 1 will launch at Target.
“We have long appreciated the strong social media presence our consumers have given Softlips, as well as the behind-the-scenes type of fan feedback they have provided us over the last two years, including helping us design our newest product packaging launched just this year,” stated Derek Hills, director of lip care marketing for Softlips at The Mentholatum Co. “Now we want to empower them to pick the next new lip balm flavor that will be available at Target stores, furthering our commitment to the importance we give to our consumers’ voices.”
From Dec. 2 to 15, Softlips Facebook fans can vote in the Softlips “Flavor Faceoff” (one vote per day per person).