- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- 21 health industry groups address FDA on proposed changes to generic drug label rules
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
ST. LOUIS — Pharmacy benefit manager Express Scripts will provide services for patients using a drug to manage a debilitating side effect of many anti-cancer treatments, ESI said.
The PBM announced that it would provide services for Access Pharmaceuticals' MuGard through its HealthBridge Pharma & Biotech division. MuGard is an oral wound rinse and coating used to manage oral mucositis. ESI said it would be the exclusive provider of third-party logistics, or 3PL services for the product, and the preferred specialty pharmacy for patients using it, through subsidiary CuraScript.
"We are excited about working with Access Pharmaceuticals as a fully integrated supply chain partner," ESI VP strategy and contracting for pharmaceuticals and biotechnology Kevin Cast said. "The award of an exclusive 3PL position and preferred specialty pharmacy position for MuGard is absolute validation of our commitment to providing vital access solutions for pharmaceutical and biotech organizations."