- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
WATERTOWN, Mass. — For the second consecutive year, the Exergen temporal artery thermometer outsold all other brands at retailers nationwide, Exergen announced Thursday.
“We developed temporal artery thermometry to satisfy the need for a quick, accurate and noninvasive method to measure temperature, and we are pleased to see that consumers are embracing it,” stated Francesco Pompei, CEO of Exergen. “Over 30 published studies have confirmed its accuracy and ease of use across all ages and clinical settings, with thousands of healthcare facilities using the professional TemporalScanner as the standard for thermometry over rectal, ear or oral thermometers.”