- At least 23,000 die from antibiotic-resistant infections each year, CDC finds
- Study finds probiotic strain Cardioviva helps reduce cholesterol
- Study: Probiotic in first three months of life reduces incidence of gastrointestinal disorders
- Study: Pharmacist intervention improves shingles vaccine rate
- Chickenpox vaccine does not appear to increase incidence of shingles, study finds
TAMPA, Fla. — Biopharmaceutical company Oragenics has expanded retail distribution of its oral care probiotic EvoraPlus through an agreement with Winn-Dixie Stores. EvoraPlus will be sold in select Winn-Dixie locations, beginning in January 2011.
ProBiora3, the active ingredient in Oragenics' probiotic products, is designed to naturally support gum and tooth health while freshening breath and whitening teeth. Oragenics' chief scientific officer, Jeffrey Hillman, developed ProBiora3 technology during more than 25 years of research, which began at the Harvard-affiliated Forsyth Institute in Boston and continued at the University of Florida. This technology only recently has become available to the general public.
ProBiora3 contains three strains of beneficial bacteria that promise to help maintain a healthy microbial balance in the mouth. It is 100% natural and is made in the United States in an FDA-registered and GMP-certified facility, the company stated.