- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Teva launches authorized generic version of Pfizer's Detrol LA
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- FDA advisory panel to consider OTC status of NSAIDs
- Q&A: Genetic profiling with Dr. Anita Goel of Nanobiosym
LEVERKUSEN, Germany — Erica Mann has been named the new head of Bayer HealthCare’s Consumer Care division and member of the Bayer HealthCare executive committee. She will join the company March 14.
“Over the past 25 years, Mann has become noted in the industry for her strong record of delivering business results,” stated Jörg Reinhardt, Bayer chairman. “Her outstanding experience and insights will further enable [the consumer care division] to take advantage of the sustained growth forecast for the OTC market.”
Mann succeeds Gary Balkema, who has decided to retire. Mann most recently served as president and GM of Pfizer Nutritional Health, and was a member of the Pfizer senior management team.
Mann joined Pfizer upon its acquisition of Wyeth, where as SVP nutrition she helped establish the shape and strategic direction of the new nutrition business unit, and, as managing director, Wyeth Australia & New Zealand, introduced a range of significant medicines and nutritionals. She also led Wyeth’s Pharmaceutical business in South Africa for more than a decade as managing director and CEO.
Mann, born in Vereeniging, South Africa, holds an undergraduate degree in analytical chemistry and a marketing management diploma from the Institute of Marketing Management in Johannesburg, South Africa.