- Bi-Lo Holdings, Delhaize Group moving forward on acquisition deal
- U.S. EPA honors Food Lion with 2012 Superior Goal Achievement Award
- Food Lion kicks off Store Brand Super Sale
- Food Lion announces discount for active military, veterans on Veterans Day
- Food Lion unveils new online tool MVP Coupon Hub
SALISBURY, N.C. — The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has awarded Food Lion, Harveys and Reid's with its eleventh consecutive Energy Star award.
The Energy Star program, which is in its 20th year, recognizes businesses that implement energy-efficient products, services and buildings in commercial, industrial and public sectors.
"We are honored to receive this Energy Star Sustained Excellence award and are committed to being strong corporate citizens in the communities in which we operate," said Susan Sollenberger, director of energy, maintenance and equipment purchasing at Delhaize America South. "Food Lion, Harveys and Reid's remain dedicated to environmental stewardship and are proud to continue to lead the way with energy conservation initiatives."