- Bitcoin gains popularity among retailers
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- GN ReSound launches hearing aid compatible with Apple's iPhone, iPad and iPod
- Sephora launches social shopping platform to share, tag beauty looks
ST. LOUIS In response to consumers' need for more power and convenient charging options for their smart phones and cell phones, Energizer has developed a universal inductive charger built with Qi technology.
Any device with 5 watts or less, regardless of manufacturer, now can be powered by Energizer's inductive charger, which is designed to charge up to three devices at one time. In related news, Energizer also is developing a Qi sleeve and door for the iPhone and Blackberry, respectively.
"We believe that a universal standard is the future of charging, and by leading the way with one of the first Qi products -- the Energizer inductive charger -- we are meeting a clear need for a product that makes charging devices easier by eliminating cords and clutter," said Jim Olsen, VP marketing for Energizer North America. "This next-generation charger is a natural extension of an innovative product portfolio that brings more freedom for people to live and to work using power that's reliable and convenient."
The Energizer inductive charger will be available at retail this October at a suggested retail price of $89.