- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Gallup: Take Care Clinics top in customer service
- With health reform outlook dimmed, pharmacy can’t abandon its agenda
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
CHADDS FORD, Pa. — Endo Pharmaceuticals has finished its acquisition of Qualitest Pharmaceuticals for $1.2 billion, Endo said Wednesday.
Endo had agreed to buy Qualitest, a privately owned manufacturer of generic drugs, on Dec. 28.
“This acquisition marks another milestone in the transformation of Endo and accelerates our stated strategy of building a diversified healthcare company, better able to respond to the changing economics that drive the U.S. healthcare environment,” Endo president and CEO David Holveck said. “We believe this transaction provides Endo with an enhanced competitive position and critical mass in the generics market, further diversifying our business lines and product offerings and enhancing our portfolio of pain management products.”