- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- CDC: Flu vaccination prevented an estimated 6.6 million influenza-associated illnesses last season
- Researchers explore viability of self-administered flu vaccine patch
- National Consumers League survey finds 1-in-5 adults never received a flu shot
ROCKVILLE, Md. — Emergent BioSolutions on Friday announced that it has signed a license agreement with VaxInnate Corporation under which Emergent acquired the exclusive right to manufacture and sell VaxInnate’s pandemic influenza vaccine candidate in the United States.
The product candidate, a recombinant vaccine, has the potential to be produced quickly, at high yields and in a cost-effective manner, the company stated. This license enables Emergent to fulfill the requirement to secure a pandemic influenza vaccine candidate under its contract with the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, which established Emergent as a Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing in June 2012.
VaxInnate will continue to develop its pandemic influenza vaccine candidate under its current BARDA contract and Emergent will manufacture the pandemic influenza vaccine candidate using flexible manufacturing technology.