- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- 21 health industry groups address FDA on proposed changes to generic drug label rules
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
NORTHVALE, N.J. — The Food and Drug Administration has approved a generic weight-loss drug made by Elite Pharmaceuticals.
Elite announced Friday the approval of phentermine hydrochloride in the 37.5-mg strength, a generic version of Teva’s Adipex-P.
Branded and generic versions of the drug had sales of around $40 million in 2010, according to Elite.