- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Obesity drug beloranib shows promise in Prader-Willi population in Phase 2 trials
- Six cities score grant awards for childhood obesity prevention
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- Canada's Shoppers Drug Mart posts Q4 results
WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J. — Eisai Inc., the U.S. pharmaceutical arm of Tokyo-based Eisai Co. Ltd., announced on Thursday the launch of a new website, "Closing the Gap: Obesity Management for Employers," to provide employers with an educational resource for information about obesity management.
"We know from our research that most employers consider obesity to be a top employee health challenge," said Dave Martin, VP of managed markets, value and access for Eisai. "While there are some helpful resources available for employers, we also noted significant gaps; therefore, we decided to build this all-inclusive website as a companion to an e-newsletter, in partnership with The Benfield Group."
Both the e-newsletter and the website will provide employers access to articles, links to other sites and other downloadable tools including:
- Closing the Gap in Obesity Management Solutions: The Importance of Integrating New Prescription Medications into Employer Strategies to Help Reduce Obesity in their Employee and Dependent Populations. A publication that reviews the challenges and opportunities of obesity management and provides recommendations from an Eisai-sponsored advisory board of leading employer health benefit decision-makers on approaches to update employer strategies.
- Blueprint for Health: A free, interactive online tool available through the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine that allows employers to estimate direct and indirect costs associated with the conditions they select, by entering key employee demographics.
- Your Weight Matters Campaign: The Your Weight Matters Campaign was developed by the Obesity Action Coalition and sponsored by Eisai. The Your Weight Matters Campaign encourages all Americans to measure their weight and take the Campaign Challenge by making a pledge to talk to a healthcare provider about their weight and its impact on their health. All Campaign participants receive a free toolkit to help them prepare for the conversation of weight with their healthcare provider.
The content for the Blueprint for Health and Your Weight Matters Campaign websites are not controlled by Eisai, the company noted.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.