- Obesity drug beloranib shows promise in Prader-Willi population in Phase 2 trials
- Mediterranean diet may reduce risk of diabetes
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Sneakz shake gets national launch
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J. — Drug maker Eisai has launched a new support and savings program for patients using a weight-loss drug that it makes.
The drug maker announced Thursday the availability of Believe Everyday Support for patients using Belviq (lorcaserin hydrochloride), which includes a customizable online portal designed to help patients reach their weight loss goals and sustain their efforts.
"The Believe Everyday Support program is an extension of Eisai's human healthcare commitment to put patiens and their families first," Eisai VP specialty marketing and sales business unit Michael O'Brien said. "Through a Belviq savings card, diet and exercise tips, calorie and activity tracking and offering nutritious recipes that meet patients' specific dietary needs, the program is designed to support efforts with Belviq treatment to help patients lead a healthy lifestyle in a way that works for them."