- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Actress Binky Felstead to appear in new Rimmel London campaign in U.K., Ireland
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Ulta Beauty invites beauty mavens to pucker up for a cause with Kiss Kart
- Tender Corp. highlights After Bite Kids insect bite treatment
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa — Eco Lips on Wednesday launched Mongo Kiss, a lip balm made with mongongo nut oil and formulated with nutrients like vitamin E and essential fatty acids. NMongo Kiss is certified organic, fair trade certified, non-GMO, gluten-free and made with 100% renewable energy offsets, the company stated.
“The mongongo oil harvesting and processing is an important project for a women’s collective in Zambia, Africa," stated Steve Shriver, Eco Lips CEO. "The plant is sustainably grown and provides a much needed income for the community."
Beginning May 20, Eco Lips will be promoting “Mongo Kiss Mondays” on its Facebook page featuring Mongo Kiss giveaways, facts about mongongo oil, the growers and the harvesting process.
The product is available in four flavors: peppermint, pomegranate, vanilla-honey, and unflavored with a suggested retail price of $1.99.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.