- Duracell brings Smart Power Lab to NYC
- Duracell partners with Toys for Tots for battery donations
- Device-specific, lasting products charge category
- Sales soar during holiday gift-buying season
- Duracell features superstar snowboarder Amy Purdy in latest video
- Duracell launches advanced, long-lasting alkaline battery
BETHEL, Conn. — Duracell is taking its mobile Smart Power Lab tour to the next level.
After collecting human-generated power to light the 2011 numerals during the New Year's Eve ball drop ceremony in New York's Times Square for the third year in a row, the battery brand said it is taking the tour to cities across the country that have been affected by natural disasters. The Smart Power Lab will be deployed to provide power relief and also will provide a place for members of the affected community to recharge, reconnect and recover, Duracell said.
"The next phase of our journey will ... provide [users] with power and tools they need to reconnect with loved ones and start the recovery process," said Bob Jacobs, Duracell marketing director, North America.