- Update: Bipartisan House bill seeks to designate pharmacists as healthcare providers in Medicare
- CMS won't move ahead with some proposed Medicare drug plan changes
- CMS Medicare analysis found mail order more expensive than community pharmacy across 21 plans
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- CVS/pharmacy's new system to help patients compare Medicare Part D plans
NEW YORK The DR Doctor On-Premises Walk-In Medical Care clinics, which are located within select Duane Reade stores and are managed by Consumer Health Services, now will accept Medicare.
"Duane Reade is pleased to help bring New Yorkers convenient routine medical care through its association with the DR Doctor On-Premises Walk-In Medical Care facilities," stated Frank Scorpiniti, SVP pharmacy operations for Duane Reade. "And now with the acceptance of Medicare at these facilities, we are truly ‘making New York Living Easy’ for Duane Reade’s patients and customers."
Consumer Health Services currently operates seven clinics inside Duane Reade stores across Manhattan. The medical practice is affiliated with Beth Israel Medical Center and St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
The number of patients treated in DR Doctor On-Premises Walk-In Medical Care facilities recently passed 100,000, according to Maggie Bertisch, medical director for New York Walk-In Medical Group.