- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
- Category management veteran Mike Cirilli joins L&R Distributors
- 15th annual NACDS Foundation Dinner raises more than $1.8M
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
NEW YORK Duane Reade has teamed up with ethnic personal care company Namaste Labs, the Greater New York City Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and Outreach for Breast Health Foundation to provide free mammography services at a Duane Reade store in East Harlem, N.Y.
Under the initiative, which is in recognition of Black History Month, OBHF will have a mobile mammography van onsite at select Duane Reade locations to administer free screenings to any woman over 40 years old who has not been tested within the last year.
The effort kicked off Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. at the store located at 125th Street in East Harlem. Appointments are necessary and can be made by calling (800) 564-6868.
In addition, Duane Reade and Namaste will be in attendance to present a check to the Greater NYC Affiliate of Susan G. Komen in support of the Komen Community Challenge “Close the Gap!” initiative, which aims to provide all women with access to care that can prevent breast cancer and save lives.
The van will also be on-site at additional Duane Reade locations during the remainder of Black History Month and into the first week of March.
On Feb. 27, the van will be in the Bronx at the store on 1888 Westchester Avenue at White Plains Road.
On March 5, the van will be in Brooklyn Heights at 386 Fulton Street at the Fulton Mall.