NEW YORK Duane Reade, which began offering H1N1 vaccinations in late December, now is expanding its H1N1 flu shot clinics across five boroughs.
Duane Reade’s pharmacists will be on hand to administer the vaccinations to New Yorkers on a first-come, first-service basis for $20. The cost may be covered by a customer’s insurance plan. Customers who are New York Medicaid or Medicare beneficiaries can receive the immunizations at Duane Reade as a covered benefit.
The vaccination clinics will be held at the following Duane Reade locations:
1) Jan. 9-10 and 16-17, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
- Bronx: 1780 Gun Hill Rd.?
- Brooklyn: 164 Kent Avenue (at N. 5th Street)?
- Queens: 163-30 Cross Bay Boulevard (at 163rd Avenue)
2) Jan. 11 - Jan. 15, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
- Manhattan: * 1430 Broadway at 40th St.;* 405 Lexington at 42nd St.; * 2522 Broadway at 94th St.; * 279 W 125th St. at F. Douglas Blvd.;* 1279 3rd Ave. at E 74th St.;* 155 E 34th St. at 3rd Ave.;* 77 7th Ave. at 14th St.;* 253 W 72nd St. at West End Avenue;* 463 8th Ave. (One Penn West) at 34th St.;* 250 W 57th St. at Broadway; and* 200 Water St. at Fulton St.
- Brooklyn* 386 Fulton St. (Fulton Mall); and* 1833 Norstrand Ave. at Avenue D
- Queens* 3915 Main Street at Roosevelt Avenue;* 93-01 Sutphin Blvd at Archer Avenue; and* 40-02 Broadway at Steinway St.
According to statistics from the New York City Department of Health, from May through December 2009, at least 2,500 New York City residents were hospitalized as a result of H1N1.