- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Vitals predicts consumer healthcare trends for 2014
- Rite Aid Health Alliance aims at strengthening patient engagement
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
NEW YORK — An unprecedented 100-plus vendors presented the latest in healthcare technology earlier this year at the Consumer Electronics Show. CES added the healthcare-driven Digital Health Pavilion to its show some years ago, and the number of exhibitors participating continues to increase.
“There’s definitely a distinct interest now from a consumer perspective around health, and we’re starting to see that grow,” Continua Health executive director Chuck Parker told Drug Store News.
Drug Store News recently caught up with Colleen Lerro, Consumer Electronics Association communications specialist and fitness instructor, in a video interview to talk about some of the health-related electronics that were showcased this year.
In addition to the hot health products identified by Lerro, Continua Health Alliance member ZyXEL introduced its Smart Home Gateway, a battery-powered 3G wireless platform for health monitoring and assisted living solutions that was recognized as a CES Innovations Honoree.