- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
BELLEVUE, Wash. Drugstore.com on Tuesday announced the extension through 2018 of its strategic alliance with Medco Health Solutions.
In 2008, Medco launched its Medco Health Store — an online retail destination offering a wide range of non-prescription consumer health products, including over-the-counter medicines. Drugstore.com supplied technical and operational support for this launch, including fulfillment, distribution and customer care for the Medco-branded online store. Today, the Medco Health Store has grown to include more than 1.4 million registered members.
"Our partnership strategy is a key driver of Drugstore.com's growth and leverages our leadership in online merchandising and fulfillment in the health and beauty category," stated Dawn Lepore, CEO and chairman of Drugstore.com. "Medco is a leader in the healthcare and pharmacy industries and we are excited to be extending this relationship."
"Medco's partnership with Drugstore.com has enhanced the comprehensive healthcare and pharmacy services we deliver to our clients and their members," added Tom Moriarty, general counsel, secretary, and SVP, pharmaceutical strategies and solutions, Medco Health Solutions.
In addition to extending the term of the relationship, the economic arrangement between Drugstore.com and Medco has changed, giving Medco more flexibility in pricing and promotions.