- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- NCPA survey: Drugs often don't make it to patients' hands due to efforts to combat prescription drug abuse
- Q&A: Genetic profiling with Dr. Anita Goel of Nanobiosym
NEW YORK — Medication-information website Drugs.com has launched a mobile app that includes access to personal medication records, drug-interaction lists and breaking health news, the company said Friday.
The Drugs.com Medication Guide is available free of charge for iOS and Android phones and includes tools such as MedNotes, the Symptom Checker and an A-to-Z index of more than 24,000 prescription and OTC drugs, including information about whether drugs are available as generics.
"As the U.S. healthcare system moves through the upcoming stages of meaningful use, patients will be empowered to utilize mobile health apps to manage their medications and maintain wellness," Drugs.com CEO Philip Thornton said. "The latest Drugs.com Medication Guide app is a practical tool to shorten this learning curve for both patients and caregivers alike. Medication management, safety and adherence will simply become easier."