- AmerisourceBergen reports Q4 results
- Expect more retail pharmacy operators and wholesalers to accumulate significant transglobal frequent flyer miles
- McKesson takes majority stake in German drug distributor Celesio
- Hamacher's Dave Wendland to moderate DSN Diabetes & Chronic Care Roundtable for 10th-consecutive year
- Good Neighbor pharmacists can vaccinate patients under collaborative-practice agreements
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. Kicking off a new leadership era for its top industry trade group, pharmaceutical wholesalers elected a new slate of officers at the Healthcare Distribution Management Association's inaugural Annual Board and Membership Meeting here.
Named chairman of the HDMA was David Moody Jr., CEO of N.C. Mutual Wholesale Drug Co. The organization’s new vice chairman is Steven Collis, AmerisourceBergen EVP and president of AmerisourceBergen Drug Corp.
The group also welcomed new directors Gayle Johnston of CuraScript SD Specialty Distribution, an Express Scripts company; John Dillman of VaxServe, a Sanofi Pasteur company; Louis Ferraro of Henry Schein Inc.; and Walter R. Shikany of Health Coalition Inc. Dillman, Ferraro and Shikany were named to the association’s board of directors at its June meeting.
“I want to thank Paul Julian of McKesson Corp. for his outstanding leadership and commitment to the association during his two years as chairman, and welcome Dave and Steve in their new positions,” said HDMA president and CEO John Gray. “I look forward to working with them and our four new board members as we continue to take on the critical issues affecting the healthcare distribution industry and make strides in enhancing patient safety, increasing supply chain efficiency and adding business value.”