- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Insurance rollout shows pharmacies and NACDS in action
- NACDS supports bill to curb Rx abuse, safeguard patients
- NACDS issues statement on White House health reform meeting
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
ARDMORE, Pa. — Dropps is looking to offer consumers a 100% zero waste liquid laundry detergent choice.
The laundry detergent brand, which is packaged in environmentally friendly toss-and-go dissolving packs, has partnered with TerraCycle. TerraCycle, an international upcycling company, has launched the Dropps Laundry Detergent Pouch Brigade, where consumers can collect empty Dropps packaging and send them to TerraCycle with free prepaid shipping labels, which can be downloaded and printed through the TerraCycle website.
For each empty Dropps pouch, the collector earns two points that can be used to buy a charity gift or converted to cash for the charity or school of the collector's choice, Dropps and TerraCycle said. The packaging will be recycled into a variety of products, such as plastic lumber and housewares, or upcycled into tote bags, laundry bags and more.
"We have always been driven by a strong environmental commitment, and this was the final element in making Dropps the most eco-friendly laundry detergent on the planet," Dropps creator Jonathan Propper said. "We are thrilled to partner with TerraCycle to offer consumers a truly convenient and conscientious laundry detergent choice."