- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- FDA approves Merck's Gardasil for prevention of anal cancer
- Walgreens launches environmentally friendly store brand Ology, formulated free of 'harmful chemicals'
- The essential value of HIEs in delivering patient-centered pharmacy care
- With health reform outlook dimmed, pharmacy can’t abandon its agenda
ARDMORE, Pa. — Dropps is looking to offer consumers a 100% zero waste liquid laundry detergent choice.
The laundry detergent brand, which is packaged in environmentally friendly toss-and-go dissolving packs, has partnered with TerraCycle. TerraCycle, an international upcycling company, has launched the Dropps Laundry Detergent Pouch Brigade, where consumers can collect empty Dropps packaging and send them to TerraCycle with free prepaid shipping labels, which can be downloaded and printed through the TerraCycle website.
For each empty Dropps pouch, the collector earns two points that can be used to buy a charity gift or converted to cash for the charity or school of the collector's choice, Dropps and TerraCycle said. The packaging will be recycled into a variety of products, such as plastic lumber and housewares, or upcycled into tote bags, laundry bags and more.
"We have always been driven by a strong environmental commitment, and this was the final element in making Dropps the most eco-friendly laundry detergent on the planet," Dropps creator Jonathan Propper said. "We are thrilled to partner with TerraCycle to offer consumers a truly convenient and conscientious laundry detergent choice."