- Dollar General posts second-quarter same-store sales gains of 5.1%
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Dollar General pilots gas offering
- Dollar General recognizes Kentucky teacher through its Every Day Heroes program
- Dollar store value proposition increasing in scope and relevance
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. — Dollar General is promising big savings on toys -- right up until Christmas Eve. From Sept. 29 through Dec. 24, the retailer is offering a 10% discount on toy purchases of $75 or more.
“Dollar General is committed to helping customers stretch their holiday budgets, and one way we are doing this is with the holiday toy discount,” said Todd Vasos, Dollar General’s EVP, division president and chief merchandising officer. “Toys are at the top of many shopping lists, so we’re happy to help shoppers save more on these purchases and delight children with our great products.”
According to Dollar General, its stores will be stocked with hot toys from Mattel, Disney and Hasbro along with a wide selection of $5 and $10 toys.