- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Target unveils contest to fuel innovation in health care
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. — Dollar General on Saturday opened its 11,000th store, further distinguishing the dollar-store operator as the retailer with the most stores in the United States, the company announced.
"The opening of our 11,000th store is another exciting milestone for Dollar General," stated Rick Dreiling, Dollar General chairman and CEO. "I would like to thank our more than 100,000 employees for all they do every day to serve our customers as we continue to grow," he said. "We see a lot of exciting opportunities to expand our business, create new career opportunities for our employees and make a difference in our customers' lives."
As part of the day's community celebration, Dollar General presented $11,000 in donations to local schools and community organizations in support of literacy initiatives.
The new store is located in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
Dollar General anticipates opening 650 new stores in 2013. The company plans to create 6,000 new jobs in 2013, and Dollar General's continued growth has created nearly 30,000 new jobs since 2007.