- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Dollar General posts second-quarter same-store sales gains of 5.1%
- Dollar General recognizes Kentucky teacher through its Every Day Heroes program
- Dollar General pilots gas offering
- Dollar store value proposition increasing in scope and relevance
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. — Dollar General is gearing up to build its 12th distribution center.
Dollar General said it plans to start construction for the 900,000-sq.-ft.-plus facility — which will be based in Bethel Township, Pa. — this fall, and begin hiring in the fall of 2013. Dollar General has 440 stores in Pennsylvania.
"This distribution center is an investment in the growth of our company, as well as the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Bethel Township," Dollar General chairman and CEO Rick Dreiling said. "Dollar General opened its first store in the Keystone state in 1974, and we are proud to have contributed to its economic growth by creating jobs for nearly four decades."