- Consumables/General Merchandise Hot Products
- Adherence is boosted by face-to-face contact, study finds
- Study: General sleep disturbance associated with obesity, diabetes, heart disease
- Tracking medication adherence easier in integrated health systems with EHRs, Kaiser Permanente study finds
- 'Top-scanned' items during GMDC conference revealed
MOORESVILLE, N.C. — Lowe’s has announced the appointment of Rick Dreiling to its board of directors. He will serve on the board’s audit and governance committees. The announcement brings Lowe’s board of directors to 12 members, 11 of whom are independent.
Dreiling is chairman and CEO of Dollar General, a position he has held since 2008. He led Dollar General’s re-emergence as a public company in 2009 through a successful initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange. Dreiling has extensive retail experience, having served as chairman and CEO of Duane Reade; EVP and COO of Longs Drug Stores; EVP marketing, manufacturing and distribution for Safeway; and president of Vons, a food and drug division of Safeway in Southern California.
“Rick has a tremendous range of retail and executive management experience from his years of working with some of the nation’s top retail companies,” said Robert Niblock, Lowe’s chairman, president and CEO. “He is a thoughtful leader who will be an outstanding complement to Lowe’s board of directors.”