WESTPORT, Conn. — A diabetes community network is offering tips to diabetics that are traveling this holiday season.
DLife emphasized that since diabetes doesn't take a holiday, managing the condition shouldn't either. On its website, DLife.com, the company is offering such tips to diabetics as:
- Double the amount of diabetes medicine and supplies you might need and put it in your carry-on luggage;
- Be prepared for a low -- pack healthy snacks, extra glucose gel or tablets;
- Check to see if a healthy meal is going to be available. If not, bring your own;
- Always bring your medical insurance card and know an emergency number to call, just in case; and
- Wear medical identification.
Additional self-management tips can be found at DLife.com/travel.