PADUCAH, Ky. — Dippin' Dots, a maker of flash-frozen ice cream and frozen treats, announced that it would be expanding its product line with the introduction of Dot Monster Munch ice cream. The new addition offers a quirky twist on a traditional ice cream product, the company said.
“We are excited about our new product offering, which updates the traditional ice cream concept with appealing characters and fun new flavors,” said Mark Liebel, VP of business development and new ventures. “For years, our customer base has wanted to be able to enjoy the Dippin’ Dots experience at home. Now, with our new Dot Monster Munch Ice Cream, they can do just that.”
The new line will be supported by a campaign that pairs new flavors with monster characters and offbeat names — making it an ideal treat for children's birthday parties, according to the company.
Consumers can choose from the following flavors:
- Baby Bea’s Booger Batter: Green vanilla ice cream with cookie pieces and fudge dots;
- Chewy Chomper’s T-Rex Rocks: Chocolate ice cream with cookie dough chunks;
- Furry Ferguson’s Polar Bear Poop: Vanilla ice cream with chocolate chunks and fudge swirl;
- Miss Muddle’s Monster Muck: Yellow cake batter flavored ice cream with blue raspberry swirl and pink and blue icing dots with candy eyeballs;
- Pigtail Penelope’s Tickle-Me-Pink: Strawberry ice cream with strawberry sorbet dots and icing flower;
- Smelly Nelly’s Monkey Mess: Banana ice cream with fudge dots and strawberry swirl;
- Sour Susie’s Speckled Slime: Purple cotton candy flavored ice cream with sour cherry swirl and sour cherry dots; and
- Uncle Gus’ Snot Rocket Chocolate: Chocolate ice cream with green apple swirl and candy eyeballs.
“We took a novel approach to these fun flavors to lighten up the mood and provide excitement to any party,” said Jamie Rayko, brand developer. "These disgustingly delicious flavors were designed to bring out the kid at heart in both young and old. You've got to try them to appreciate their full impact.”
Dot Monster Ice Cream will be available through DotMonsterMunch.com. Additionally, consumers can find the treats at participating Dippin' Dots franchisees across the nation as well as in select Fred's locations. The company said it expects to announce more retail partnerships soon.