- U.S. secretary of labor visits Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy headquarters
- Diplomat's Jennifer Hagerman named president-elect of Michigan Pharmacists Association for 2014
- Meijer brings grocery to customers' doorsteps
- Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy CEO joins Flint, Mich., job-creation effort
- Reports: Diplomat to hire more veterans following White House economic summit
FLINT, Mich. — Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy was recognized by MichBio, a biosciences industry trade association and the official Michigan affiliate of the Biotechnology Industry Organization.
Diplomat received the Good to Great award from the organization, which recognized "as a company whose business concept, entrepreneurialism, leadership, work ethic and products have melded in just the right way to produce a leap forward in the past year," MichBio president and CEO Stephen Rapundalo said. "MichBio views Diplomat as a strong and visible indicator that our industry is thriving here in Michigan and that the outlook for the state's biosciences sector seems positive. Success breeds success, and Diplomat's tremendous strides in commercialization will serve as a beacon for others."
Diplomat president and CEO Phil Hagerman said this achievement was made possible by the company's staff and its healthcare partners.
In related news, Diplomat also was featured in a video produced by the Michigan Economic Development Center and the city of Flint, called Pure Michigan, which illustrated how Flint is transforming itself into a leading center of commerce and provide a glimpse of the future Michigan, Diplomat said. The video highlights the strides and development in the city, which was made possible by Diplomat, as well as General Motors.
To view the video, click here.