- Insurance rollout shows pharmacies and NACDS in action
- Industry players join Blue Button initiative
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- NACDS issues statement on White House health reform meeting
FLINT, Mich. — The leader of the country's largest privately owned specialty pharmacy provider is going to Washington, D.C.
Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy said Thursday that CEO Phil Hagerman had received an invitation, along with other business leaders, from the White House Business Council and Business Forward to attend a one-day forum on jobs and the economy, and opportunities for collaboration between the private sector and government.
"I am extremely honored to represent Diplomat, the state of Michigan and also Flint's business community," Hagerman said. "Diplomat's continued growth has positioned us to be part of the Michigan delegation. In January, we had 360 employees. Today, as the nation's fourth-largest specialty pharmacy, we employ [more than] 700 people, and we're hiring every day."