- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
- Category management veteran Mike Cirilli joins L&R Distributors
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- 15th annual NACDS Foundation Dinner raises more than $1.8M
NEW YORK — Duane Reade, which is owned by Walgreens, has extended its contract with DeVito/Verdi, the New York ad agency that assisted with its marketing metamorphosis.
"The street-smart ad campaign created by DeVito/Verdi certainly helped transform the Duane Reade brand," stated Paul Tiberio, SVP merchandising and marketing for Duane Reade. "We're looking forward to having the agency continue to give voice to this iconoclastic brand."
The agency will continue to handle brand advertising, digital advertising, media buying and planning, and public relations for the 250-plus-store chain.
DeVito/Verdi began working with Duane Reade in 2008 to help recast and reposition the chain. The agency unveiled new ads that conveyed the message that Duane Reade is an essential part of the fabric of life in New York City. The brand-advertising campaign carried the line "Duane Reade. Your city. Your drug store."