- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Ruffles brand chips introduces crispy fries
- Packaged Facts: Sports drinks, nutrition bars a $10 billion business in 2013
- Crossmark adds former PepsiCo exec John Compton to board of directors
- PepsiCo targets teen market with fruit-flavored Aquafina sparkling water, flavorings
STAMFORD, Conn. — A nut snack brand now is part of a candy company's portfolio.
DeMet's Candy Co. said it has completed its acquisition of the TrueNorth brand from Frito-Lay North America, a PepsiCo division. The acquisition is said to build on the confectioner's existing portfolio, which includes such treats as Flipz, Treasures and Stixx. DeMet's is owned by a private equity fund.
"DeMet's is pleased to welcome the TrueNorth products to its family of brands," said David Clarke, president and CEO of DeMet's. "These high-quality, all-natural products will provide DeMet's with many new avenues for growth and innovation, both in market segments that TrueNorth presently competes in as well as in new ones."