- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- Red Diamond launches tea innovation with Sam's Club
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
SALISBURY, N.C. — Food Lion store manager Charles Inman, who manages a Food Lion in Clayton, N.C., was named Delhaize Group's Store Manager of the Year, the company has announced.
Inman was selected among 3,400 store managers across the globe. In February, Inman was named Food Lion's Store Manager of the Year. As a result, he became eligible for the Delhaize Group award, joining 11 other store managers representing the best of the best across the company.
"Charles is an excellent leader in his store, in the community and across our company," stated Beth Newlands Campbell, president of Food Lion. "He is an incredibly humble leader who inspires his team to deliver outstanding service to our customers, ensuring they are top of mind with everyone who works in his store. Charles continuously helps shoppers and praises associates for a job well done. He is also highly regarded as a strong developer of talent across the organization."
Delhaize Group's Store Manager Excellence Award is based on a number of areas, including financial performance, operational excellence, people management and our Delhaize Group values, including integrity, determination, courage, humility and humor.
Inman joined Food Lion in 2002 as a cashier, and has held positions of increasing responsibility, including produce manager, office manager and assistant store manager.