- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Safeway confirms grocer is exploring possible sale
INDIANAPOLIS — Marsh Supermarkets has created a new executive position that will focus on merchandising support, including pricing, space management, corporate brands and business intelligence.
The retailer said that retail veteran David Siegel will be Marsh's SVP merchandising and marketing strategic initiatives.
Siegel joins the company from Schenectady, N.Y.-based Price Chopper.
Marsh operates 72 Marsh Supermarkets, 3 O'Malia's Food Markets and 22 MainStreet Market stores in Indiana and Ohio.