- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- CVS' Bloom, Baker to lead chain's retail business on interim basis
- Merlo: CVS Caremark positioned to 'effectively compete' in PBM industry
- At Analyst Day, CVS Caremark unveils host of new initiatives across the board — front-end, pharmacy, clinics and PBM
WASHINGTON — Rob Price, CVS/pharmacy’s SVP and chief marketing officer, has been named to the Aspen Institute's 2012 Class of Henry Crown fellows.
The Henry Crown Fellowship is designed to engage the next generation of leaders in the challenge of community-spirited leadership. It brings together executives from the business world — all entrepreneurs, all younger than 45 years — who have already achieved conspicuous success in their chosen fields and are at a point of inflection in their lives and careers. Previous Henry Crown fellows have included Deval Patrick, governor of Massachusetts; Michael Powell, former Federal Communications Commission chairman; and Reed Hastings, CEO of Netflix.
“Rob represents the type of leader that we believe has the capacity to make a significant impact on our society,” stated Eric Motley, managing director of the Henry Crown Fellowship. “As you can imagine, we are all the more excited to welcome him into the fellowship of 20 other like-minded individuals.”
“Rob’s appointment to the Henry Crown Fellowship for 2012 speaks to the quality of our leadership at CVS Caremark,” stated Larry Merlo, president and CEO of CVS Caremark. “We’re proud of Rob’s selection for this prestigious program, which is focused on community-spirited leadership.”
At CVS/pharmacy, Price is responsible for advertising, promotion, marketing, customer relations and consumer research, as well as retail innovation and store design, the CVS.com e-commerce business and the ExtraCare loyalty program. He also has been instrumental in the integration of the store and digital environments for CVS/pharmacy.