- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- CVS/pharmacy officially unveils new myWeekly Ad digital circular
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — As Veterans Day approaches, CVS/pharmacy is reminding all Americans, including veterans, military service members and their families, about the importance of getting a flu shot for protection against the flu.
In addition, to honor military heroes, CVS/pharmacy will donate $3 to the USO for every flu shot given at CVS/pharmacy and MinuteClinic during the week of Veterans Day, Nov. 6 to 12, up to $50,000.
The USO is a nonprofit, congressionally chartered private organization whose mission is to lift the spirits of America's troops and their families through its many programs and services.
"Veterans Day falls within the peak of flu season, so this is an ideal opportunity for people to protect themselves against the flu while at the same time supporting those who protect our country," stated Papatya Tankut, VP pharmacy professional services at CVS/pharmacy. "We are pleased to recognize Veterans Day through our donation to the USO, an organization that has supported countless U.S. service members over the years."